Struggling to help prepare your student or child for a blood test? Wondering what language to use to explain the process of going to the doctors and having blood work done? This Social Narrative is a simple, no-prep way to help your child or student understand the process of having a blood test.
The process of having a blood test can be scary and overwhelming for many children, particularly those children and students with social skills difficulties, such as Autism or Developmental Delays. Social Narratives are simple stories designed to reduce overwhelm, helping your child or student to feel calm and prepared.
This resource includes:
- A no-prep, print and go social narrative explaining the process of having a blood test with spaces to edit and adapt the story for YOUR own child, student or client, making it meaningful and relatable.
- A separate boys and girls version
- Colour and black/white versions included
- A ‘Draw Your Own Pictures’ version
- Bright, age-appropriate Clipart