Wondering how to teach farm animals vocabulary and engage emergent readers? Do you need a hands on, interactive adapted book to engage and motivate your students? This Farm Animals Theme Adapted Book is your print and go resource to help all your students, particularly those with special needs (such as Autism or developmental delay).
This Resource Includes:
1. “I SEE FARM ANIMALS” ADAPTED BOOK: Adapted Books are simple stories that have been modified in some way to make them more accessible for students. These simple stories can teach concepts or skills and help to build basic reading skills.
How This Resource Help Your Students:
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: The farm animal theme teaches animal names, categories (‘a COW lives on a FARM’) and simple sentence structure (‘I see a cow…I see a horse.’.. etc).
- EARLY SPEECH SOUNDS: Farm animal sounds are the perfect way to introduce simple consonant-vowel combinations, e.g. “MOO”, “BAA” and “NEIGH”
- EMERGENT LITERACY SKILLS: Many students, particularly those with special needs, can find it difficult to engage in traditional books. This interactive adapted book gives your students a ‘job’ to do on each page, finding and matching the animal pictures. This can increase your students’ engagement and concentration whilst teaching early book skills.
What’s Included in the Resource?
1. The Adapted Book with matching visuals
2. Instructions for making your adapted book
3. Separate colour and black/white versions
4. Bright, colourful and age-appropriate pictures to further engage your students
Join ‘The Teaching Speechie’ Community!
Stop reinventing the wheel and reclaim those weekends and evenings!
Don’t see what you need? Send me a message at email@example.com
NB: This is a downloadable, printable PDF. No physical product will be sent.
There are no reviews yet.