Wondering how to get your kids or students to drink more water? Are you looking for tricks for teaching kids the importance of drinking water and staying hydrated? This Social Narrative & Visuals Pack is your complete GO-TO resource to help all your students, particularly those with special needs (such as Autism, developmental delay or constipation).
This Resource Includes:
1. SOCIAL NARRATIVE “I CAN DRINK WATER”:
Social narratives are simple stories that teach social skills. This story teaches your child or students the concept and importance of drinking water throughout the day at home and school. This helps promote independence and helps YOU support your child or students. It includes:
- Spaces to personalise the story, helping your child or students to attach relevance and meaning to the story.
- Bright, colourful and age-appropriate pictures to further help your child understand the procedure of sharing.
- Separate colour and black/white versions, as well as a ‘blank’ version for your child to illustrate themselves. This helps make the story RELEVANT and ENGAGING, increasing your child’s ability to internalise the concepts.
2. “I CAN DRINK” Visual Cue Cards:
With 2 different sizes to choose from, these visuals are the essential portable prompt. Help teach your child or students to have a drink of water in any environment through:
- attaching the visuals to your lanyards to easily access on the playground, library, shopping trips or when visiting friends.
- Provide individual prompts for students’ desks.
- Include in your learning centres resources for easy and simple prompting.
3. **BONUS RESOURCE: “I CAN DRINK WATER” REWARD CHARTS!!
With two different themes included (RAINBOW THEME and CAR RACING TRACK THEME), these editable reward charts are the perfect tool to:
* Identify a specific, achievable target behaviour to work towards with your child, e.g. ‘I will drink 6 cups of water today’
* Help your child understand at a glance what they are working towards (what’s the reward? New lego? A visit to the park?)
* Help your child understand the NUMBER of times they need to achieve the target behaviour before they get their reward (3 times? 6 times?)
Don’t see what you need? Send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: This is a downloadable, printable PDF. No physical product will be sent.
There are no reviews yet.