Struggling to help your child, student or class pause their play to have toilet time? Does your child or student fear the toilet or avoid toilet time altogether? This FIRST-THEN CHART VISUALS PACK FOR TOILET TIME is for you!
**This resource comes as a downloadable PDF.
How Can This Resource Help?
•First-Then Charts are a simple, effective way to help your child prepare themselves for the next activity that is coming in a routine.
•First-Then Charts can help your child to understand what is expected of them in a particular situation. Knowing their expectations can help to lower their anxiety, overwhelm and help them complete these activities.
How Do I Use This Resource?
- Use the ‘First-Then’ Chart at home or school to help your child understand that they do not have to ‘stop’ their play altogether – they are simply ‘pausing’ their play to have a quick toilet stop and they can then go straight back to play.
- Use the ‘First-Then’ Chart at home or school to help your child prepare themselves that toilet time is coming. Through providing a visual (picture) prompt, this helps your child to process this information in their own time, long after the verbal reminder that you have given has gone. This can help your child to prepare themselves, helping to reduce anxiety and avoidance behaviours.
This Visuals Pack Includes:
1. FIRST-THEN CHART TEMPLATES:
- A4 sized, no prep, print and go chart.
- Colour and Black & White versions included.
2. ACTIVITY VISUALS FOR FIRST-THEN CHART
- 54 activity visuals included to complete the “First toilet, then…..” visual sequence.
- Colour and black & white versions included.
Don’t see the picture you need? Let me know at email@example.com
Read Veronica’s 5-Star Review:
Used with Pre-K
“I love this and the choices that it gives my child!”
There are no reviews yet.