Struggling to help your child or student manage anxiety and overwhelm when they see the doctor? Wondering how to prepare your child for their upcoming visit to the doctor’s office or hospital? Teaching your students about Community Workers? This Social Narrative & Visuals Pack is a simple, no-prep way to prepare your child or student for the procedure of visiting the doctors.
New situations or experiences can be very overwhelming for many children, particularly those who struggle with social skills. Social Narratives and visuals can help to reduce overwhelm, helping your child or student to feel calm and prepared. This resource includes:
1. SOCIAL NARRATIVE “Going to the Doctors”:
The ‘Doctors Visit’ Social Narrative is a simple story that details the steps involved in visiting the doctors for a regular checkup. It includes:
1. Two different versions – either add your own child’s own details and use the images provided OR your child can draw all their own pictures, making the story meaningful and relatable.
2. Simple language that clearly outlines the steps involved in going to the doctors, helping to reduce anxiety, apprehension and overwhelm.
3. Colour version and B/W versions included
4. Separate boys and girls versions included
5. “Draw Your Own” version included
6. Bright, age-appropriate images
2. “DOCTORS VISIT” SUMMARY VISUAL POSTERS:
Place the A4 Summary Poster in a clear position for easy references. This helps your child or student prepare for their doctors visit in their own time and space, helping them to internalise the information and reduce anxiety and overwhelm.
3. “IT HURTS” COMMUNICATION VISUAL BOARD:
This valuable visual helps your child or student easily identify the part of their body that hurts, helping you to help them faster. This is also a valuable resource for teaching vocabulary related to body parts.
RECLAIM YOUR EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AND FOLLOW ME for time saving editable social scripts, visuals packs for your special education classroom, advice, up-to-date information and giveaways!
Thanks you for visiting!
~Melissa @ The Teaching Speechie
NB: This is a digital, printable product. No physical product will be sent.
There are no reviews yet.