Struggling to help your child or student with toilet training at school? Is your student anxious about the school toilet routine? This Social Narrative and Visual Cue Cards Pack gives you the simple story you need to explain the process in simple, easy-to-follow steps. The story also includes spaces to add your child’s own individual details, making it personalised, relevant and meaningful.
Particularly for children with additional needs, including bowel and bladder challenges, the toileting process at school can be very overwhelming and may look different to the toilet process at home. Some children may require additional assistance with toileting, including:
* a secret signal to let their teacher know that they need toileting assistance
* the use of additional supplies, e.g. wipes, clean clothes
* a different bathroom, e.g. the office bathroom or another discreet location
* a specific helper to assist, e.g. teacher’s aide or learning support teacher
This is a LOT for a little person to remember! That’s where this resource is a lifesaver! It focuses on YOUR child or student’s specific, individual toileting routine and requirements for school. The Social Narrative format allows your child to review the simple story in their own time and space, internalising these new routines in their own time and space.
This Resource Includes:
1. SOCIAL NARRATIVE “School Toilet Routine”:
- This simple story provides a narrative with spaces to edit and adapt the story for YOUR own child, student or client, making it meaningful and relatable.
- Separate boys and girls versions
- Separate Colour and B/W versions
- Bright, age-appropriate clipart and simple language
2. SCHOOL TOILET ROUTINE SUMMARY POSTERS:
The perfect ‘cheat-sheets’ for your Smartboard, Homework Pack fridge, these A4 sized posters provide a summary of:
(i) the steps involved in the school toileting process
(ii) the steps involved in asking for toilet time at school
3. TOILET VISUAL CUE CARDS
These cue cards are perfect for lanyards, desk visual strips and to place in the toilet area. Help your student to quickly and easily communicate that they need toilet time with this no-prep resource.
Don’t see what you need? Send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks again for stopping by,
The Teaching Speechie 🙂
NB: This is a digital, printable product. No physical product will be sent.