Do your students struggle to pack their school bag independently? Do you need visual supports to help students pack and unpack their school bags? Want to support your students’ independent life skills at home? This Resource is for you!
This Resource Includes:
1. 44 ‘SCHOOL BAG CHECKLIST’ VISUAL SUPPORTS
lunch box, drink bottle, lunch, snacks, hat, jumper, sweater, library books, note, homework, pack bag, device, pencils, sports clothes, hand sanitiser, money, show and tell, lunch order, tissues, unpack bag, medicine, my choice, change, boots, slippers, earmuffs, beanie, coat, gloves, glasses, sunscreen, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
2. ‘I CAN PACK MY BAG’ EDITABLE VISUAL SCHEDULES:
These EDITABLE visual schedules provide the ideal templates to outline the supplies your students need to pack their bag independently.
3. PRINT & GO and EDITABLE VISUAL SCHEDULES:
(i) FIRST-THEN COMMUNICATION BOARD
(ii) FIRST-NEXT-LATER COMMUNICATION BOARD
(iii) WEEKLY SCHEDULE BOARD
(iv) MY WEEK VISUAL SCHEDULE TEMPLATE
Use these visual schedules to help your students:
1. Support receptive language through providing a visual prompt long after the verbal message is lost
2. Help motivate your child or students to complete in non-preferred activities: Using the First-Then Chart and First-Next-Later Board shows your students what they need to pack in their bag next, helping to keep them on track.
3. Express needs and wants, e.g. ‘toilet’, ‘drink’
4. Teach the passage of time through discussing future events
– Colour versions and B/W versions included
– Bright, colourful, age-appropriate clip art
– Valuable tips on how to use this toolkit to maximise your students’ outcomes!
NB: This is a digital, printable product. No physical product will be sent.