Struggling to teach your preschool students turn taking skills when talking or during play centers? Are you looking for turn taking activities for Autism or turn taking visuals to help Prek and kindergarten students learn how to wait their turn, participate and play in the classroom and home environments? This resource is for you!
This SOCIAL STORY & VISUALS TOOLKIT helps teach your child or student the concept of ‘waiting’ and ‘turn taking’. It includes:
1. TURN TAKING SOCIAL STORY ‘Waiting My Turn’: This is a simple story that explains the importance of waiting at school and home – waiting to talk and waiting to play. The story teaches the social skills needed to demonstrate appropriate waiting skills in different environments.
2. TURN TAKING INTERACTIVE SOCIAL STORY VERSION: The Social Story includes a ‘Draw Your Own Images’ version for your students to add and draw their own details. This helps increase relevance and meaning, increasing the likelihood that your student will attach meaning to the story and internalise the messages of how to wait their turn.
3. TURN TAKING VISUAL “WAITING MY TURN” VISUAL SPINNER: This resource shows students who’s turn it is during games – perfect for turn taking and practicing ‘waiting’ skills during play and during class discussions.
4. TURN TAKING VISUAL “WAITING MY TURN” ANCHOR CHART: A valuable go-to, no prep resource to handy reference, this A4 Summary Poster displays appropriate ‘waiting’ ideas, perfect for your classroom bulletin board.
1. Boys and girls versions included
2. Colour and Black & White versions included
3. Colourful, bright, age appropriate clip art