Struggling to help your students follow instructions for classroom activities? Do you need visual supports for materials and supplies for your classroom routines? Do you want to implement visual supports, First-Then Boards and Weekly Schedule visual supports in your class environment but have no idea where to start? This Resource is for you!
1. 48 CLASSROOM SUPPLIES AND MATERIALS THEMED VISUAL SUPPORTS: These visuals are your NO-PREP, PRINT AND GO communication tool to:
Highlight classroom supplies and materials required for an activity
Promote independent learning through breaking down tasks into simplier, more achievable steps
Teach classroom supplies themed specific vocabulary
LIST OF VISUALS INCLUDED: colour, write, paint, cut, workbook, tape, highlighter, glue, calculator, write name, ruler, show teacher, I need help, line up, lunchbox, drink bottle, group activity, desk work, classroom, paper, school, toilet, eraser, partner work, books, sit on my chair, ready to work, finish, my choice, pencil pot, breathe, deliver message, music, relax, squeeze ball, please wait, stop, pack bag, listen, look, rubbish in bin
2. ‘I NEED…’ AND ‘MY ACTIVITIES….’ EDITABLE VISUAL SCHEDULES:
These EDITABLE visual schedules provide the ideal templates to highlight materials and supplies required for a task and the steps required to complete a task.
2. PRINT & GO and EDITABLE VISUAL SCHEDULES:
(i) FIRST-THEN COMMUNICATION BOARD
(ii) FIRST-NEXT-LATER COMMUNICATION BOARD
(iii) WEEKLY SCHEDULE BOARD
Use these visual schedules to help your students:
1. Support receptive language through providing a visual prompt long after the verbal message is lost
2. Help motivate your child or students to complete in non-preferred activities: Using the First-Then Chart and First-Next-Later Board shows your students what is coming next, helping to keep them on track for a non-preferred task.
3. Express needs and wants, e.g. ‘toilet’, ‘drink’
4. Teach the passage of time through discussing future events
3. Integrated learning in different classrooms
4. Library and Computer Centre work
5. Speech therapy, Occupational Therapy and other Allied Health sessions
– Colour versions and B/W versions included
– Bright, colourful, age-appropriate clip art
– Valuable tips on how to use this toolkit to maximise your students’ outcomes!
NB: This is a downloadable, printable PDF. No physical product will be sent.