Do you need a hands on, interactive way to engage emergent readers? Wondering how to teach AUSTRALIAN ANIMALS vocabulary through reading? This Australian Animals Theme Adapted Book is your print and go resource to help all your students, particularly those with special needs (such as Autism or developmental delay).
This Resource Includes:
1. “I SEE AUSTRALIAN ANIMALS” ADAPTED BOOK:
Adapted Books are simple stories that have been modified in some way to make them more accessible for students. These simple stories can teach concepts or skills and help to build basic reading skills.
How This Resource Help Your Students:
- BUILDS LANGUAGE SKILLS: The Australian Animals theme teaches animal names, categories (‘a KANGAROO lives in AUSTRALIA’) and simple sentence structure (‘I see a kangaroo…I see a koala.’.. etc).
- EMERGENT LITERACY SKILLS: Many students, particularly those with special needs, can find it difficult to engage in traditional books. This interactive adapted book gives your students a ‘job’ to do on each page, finding and matching the animal pictures. This can increase your students’ engagement and concentration whilst teaching early book skills.
What’s Included in the Resource?
1. The Adapted Book with matching visuals
2. Instructions for making your adapted book
3. Separate colour and black/white versions
4. Bright, colourful and age-appropriate pictures to further engage your students
Don’t see what you need? Send me a message at email@example.com
NB: This is a downloadable, printable PDF. No physical product will be sent.
There are no reviews yet.