Struggling to help your Autistic students understand how to keep their hands, feet and body safe at school? Are you struggling with behaviour management in your preschool classroom and need to teach appropriate ways to use hands and feet? This Social Skills Toolkit is your complete resource to help YOU help your students.
NB: This is a digital product available to download after purchase. No physical product will be sent.
This Social Skills Toolkit Includes:
1. “Safe Hands & Safe Feet” Social Narrative
Social Narratives are simple stories that explains expectations in different social situations. These structured stories are evidence-based resources for children with Autism and ADHD but also benefit ALL your students.
This structured story focuses on:
– why we need to be safe at school
– why kids will want to play with us when we have safe hands and safe feet
– what safe hands, safe feet and a safe body looks like
– examples of appropriate ways to use our hands and feet at preschool and school
– how to use safe hands and feet when we feel frustrated
Spaces to personalise the story with your student’s own interests and other details, helping your students to understand the story and internalise the message.
- Bright, colourful and age-appropriate pictures
- Separate boys and girl versions
- Separate colour and black/white versions
- ‘Draw Your Own’ version for students who love to draw!
2. “Safe Hands & Safe Feet” Printable Anchor Charts”
These no-prep visual prompts are the perfect Posters for your classroom to provide a consistent model and reference for safe hands and safe feet.
3. “Safe Hands & Safe Feet” Visual Supports
Easily prompt safe hands and safe feet in ALL school settings with these portable visual prompts – perfect for lanyards. Use them in the:
– Excursions/Field Trips
– Send home to support your families in the home environment