Struggling to help your child, student or class learn to manage their frustration and anger emotions appropriately? Looking for TIME SAVING, NO-PREP VISUAL SUPPORTS to support students’ understanding and management of anger, frustration and similar emotions?? This Social Narrative & Visuals Pack is your complete GO-TO resource to set up your classroom for success and teach the social skill of managing frustration at home and school.
Many students, particularly those with special needs, such as Autism, Behaviour difficulties or ADHD can have difficulty understanding the emotion and choosing appropriate strategies to calm down. This resource is for you!
This Resource Includes:
1. SOCIAL NARRATIVE “WHEN I FEEL FRUSTRATED”:
This is a simple story to teach your child or students the concept of IDENTIFYING & MANAGING FEELINGS OF FRUSTRATION appropriately at home and school. This helps promote independence and helps YOU support and manage your CLASS, giving you more DIRECT TEACHING TIME! It includes:
- Spaces to personalise the story, helping your students to attach relevance and meaning to the story.
- Bright, colourful and age-appropriate pictures to further help your child understand the procedure of sharing.
- Separate colour and black/white versions,
- A ‘DRAW YOUR OWN version for your child to illustrate themselves. This helps make the story RELEVANT and ENGAGING, increasing your child’s ability to internalise the concepts.
2. “MY CALM DOWN BOARD”
The perfect no prep, visual prompt for your classroom or fridge, this A4 Communication Board is your essential visual tool to help students identify appropriate ‘calm down’ choices when they are feeling frustrated or angry. Includes 24 visual choices, plus ‘blank’ boxes for you to personalise.
3. “I NEED A BREAK” CARDS:
These print and go visual prompts are the perfect tool for your students to communicate their need to take a break and calm down. Perfect for lanyards, desk work and integration.
4. SKILLBUILDER SCENARIO SCENES:
The included 5 common school scenes help your child or students generalise understanding and appropriate choices when feeling frustrated to real life situations
Stop reinventing the wheel and reclaim those weekends and evenings!
NB: This is a downloadable, printable PDF. No physical product will be sent.
There are no reviews yet.