Wondering how to teach SEA CREATURES vocabulary and engage emergent readers? Do you need a hands on, interactive adapted book to engage and motivate your students? This Sea Creatures Theme Adapted Book is your print and go resource to help all your students, particularly those with special needs (such as Autism or developmental delay).
This Resource Includes:
1. “I SEE SEA CREATURES” ADAPTED BOOK:
Adapted Books are simple stories that have been modified in some way to make them more accessible for students. These simple stories can teach concepts or skills and help to build basic reading skills.
How This Resource Help Your Students:
BUILDS LANGUAGE SKILLS: The sea creatures theme teaches animal names, categories (‘a FISH lives in the SEA’) and simple sentence structure (‘I see a fish…I see a crab.’.. etc).
- EMERGENT LITERACY SKILLS: Many students, particularly those with special needs, can find it difficult to engage in traditional books. This interactive adapted book gives your students a ‘job’ to do on each page, finding and matching the animal pictures. This can increase your students’ engagement and concentration whilst teaching early book skills.
What’s Included in the Resource?
1. The Adapted Book with matching visuals
2. Instructions for making your adapted book
3. Separate colour and black/white versions
4. Bright, colourful and age-appropriate pictures to further engage your students
Please Consider Sharing a Review of this Resource:
What are the benefits of sharing a review?
- Gain TPT credits to spend on your future resources
- Help me to improve my resources to further help other teachers and speech pathologists
- Help future teachers/parents consider whether this resource is right for them
Don’t see what you need? Send me a message at email@example.com
Thanks again for stopping by,
The Teaching Speechie 🙂